They’re the two words every homeowner or property manager dreads to hear: BED BUGS. We at Thermal Flow have heard plenty of horror stories from customers about how difficult it is to eliminate these little critters for good! We understand — after all, bed bugs can hide just about anywhere in your home, including:
- In upholstery, fabric, and bedding
- Inside mattresses and under furniture legs
- Behind light switches and baseboards
- Even in picture frames!
And once they hide, they can spread quickly by moving through the walls of your home. All of this makes them extremely difficult to treat!
We’ve fought bed bugs for a long time, and we’re happy to give you recommendations and equipment you can count on to solve the problem the first time, for good.
Heat Kills Bed Bugs More Effectively than Chemicals
We know there are a variety of chemical products out there labeled for bed bug treatment. However, we believe that heat is a more efficient method of getting rid of bed bugs the first time around. Why?
First of all, heat is safer than pesticides, which can be toxic to family members and pets. With heat, there’s no need for these dangerous chemicals in your home. There’s also no need to vacate your home or move your belongings. That’s because your furniture and bedding can be safely and easily treated with heat. Using heated air is also beneficial because it can reach covered areas and hiding spots that chemicals can’t. Finally, these heat treatments can be done yourself, or by trained professionals.
Here’s the process we recommend:
Step 1: Take measurements of the largest room you plan to treat.
Step 2: Multiply the length by the width to get the square footage of your space.
Step 4: Heat the room to what we call the “kill temperature” — above 120 degrees F.
Step 5: Allow the room temperature to rise to 130 or 140 degrees F, and then hold that temperature for 4-6 hours.
Our Most Popular Bed Bug Solutions for Homeowners
In addition to full packages that give you everything you need to pull off a successful one-time bed bug extermination, Thermal Flow Technologies also offers a line of electric heaters that are affordable for non-professionals and easy to use. The heaters differ in power and square footage capacity, so it’s important to have accurate measurements of your space.
Our most popular home solutions for how to treat bed bugs include:
- The 180sqft Electric Bed Bug Package which is smaller in size and good for treating a single room. For smaller infestations and living spaces, this heater is the way to go. It’s also perfect for ambulances, tractor trailer cabs and other vehicles!
- The 300sqft Electric Bed Bug Package, which is good for larger living spaces. It can cover up to 300 square feet of space, with 8’ ceilings.
- The 400sqft Electric Bed Bug Package for Homes, which is a custom package requiring an electric stove or dryer outlet to partially power the heater. This package packs a punch covering up to 400 square feet of space!
Please note that all of these electric bed bug heater packages for DIY home bed bug remediation carry a manufacturer’s warranty of up to a year. The recommendations and general steps of preparation above are meant to be a guide, and Thermal Flow Technologies will not be held liable for any damage resulting from performing your own bed bug heat treatments.
How Can Thermal Flow Help?
If you would like additional information about how to get rid of your bed bug problem for good, the experts at Thermal Flow are just a phone call away. We’re happy to recommend products, go over your options with you, and give you tips from the pros.