When it comes to disaster recovery, one of the most significant problems is flooding. For property owners and contractors, a water damaged building is a building in danger of developing mold. Other risks include:
- Unsanitary conditions and an unpleasant odor
- Damaged belongings, flooring, and appliances
- Structural damage and loss of property value
It only takes a short amount of time for a water damaged home to develop these problems.
When time is of the essence, it’s important to mitigate the damage and dry the home quickly. So, how can a contractor or property owner speed up the drying process? Heat is an excellent tool to significantly increase the evaporation rate. For added efficiency, however, other tools are needed.
Adding a Dehumidifier to Electric Heat Speeds the Drying Process
Adding a dehumidifier can be a game-changer when it comes to reducing water damage quickly. Here’s how it works:
(1) Heat causes evaporation.
It takes 1091 BTUs of energy to convert 1 lb of liquid water to vapor.
(2) Dehumidifiers add extra heat.
As a by-product of the dehumidification process, these tools add more heat to the equation.
(3) More water is removed.
The water removal rate of our XD85LH dehumidifier is 85 points per day at AHAM.
(4) As the structure dries, the evaporation rate naturally declines.
Simply combining a single-room heater with a humidifier produces an evaporation rate of 302 points per day in a saturated environment.
(5) An exhaust mechanism can assist with the drying process.
With the increased rate of evaporation, additional dehumidification may be needed, or an air-change or exhaust mechanism can be installed to assist with the drastic spike.
Why a Faster Drying Time Matters for Your Business
If time is money, then the advantages of faster drying in cases of disaster recovery are obvious. Here are a few other reasons our technique can benefit your business:
- As a contractor, you can charge heaters as well as dehumidifiers in Xactimate.
- You can bill for the same amount while completing the job faster.
- Our method helps you get clients back into their homes and businesses faster.
- This allows you, as contractor, to increase your capacity to take on more jobs.
Have we convinced you?
Contact Us for Great Deals on Water Restoration Equipment
From single-room heaters to turnkey heat trailers, Thermal Flow has the equipment you need to get the job done fast. We provide top-rated equipment to commercial and residential clients alike. For improved efficiency, count on our heaters and dehumidifiers to make your property safe once again. Contact us for more information on these products.